Submit News Items
If you find an error or item that needs clarification, visit our contact us page for individual contact information or call us at (800) 540-8322 and ask to speak with the editor or publisher. You can also send us a letter in the mail (PO Box 1575 Tacoma WA 98401-1575) or send an email to news@BusinessExaminer.com.
If you have a story idea, send the information to news@BusinessExaminer.com. Be sure to include your daytime phone number and email address and answer these essential questions:
Every day there is news happening within the walls of your business, accomplishments and activities that might be of interest to others in the business community. When something you want to share takes place, send an email to news@BusinessExaminer.com.
Be sure to answer these essential questions and include your name, email, and phone number along with high resolution photo(s):
Send us a business brief when the following happens:
- New Hires, Appointments, Retirements, Career Changes
- Dividends, Stock Payments, Earnings
- Awards, Nominations, Promotions, Major Events
- New Site Launch, Layoffs, Closures, Moves
- Endowments, Grants, Donations, Contributions
- Financial Milestones, Major Contracts
- New Businesses, and Fundraising
Tips for Effective Briefs & Press Releases
- Ask yourself, "What am I trying to accomplish with this release?"
- Include high resolution photos if you have them.
- Keep your business brief or press release short.
- Check your spelling, dates, phone numbers, times, and names.
- Publication is not guaranteed.
We welcome submission to focus sections and special reports. We believe our readers are best served in receiving quality information from experts in various subject areas. Unless other agreements are made in advance, we will have rights to post articles to our website for archival reference use. Articles should be emailed to news@BusinessExaminer.com.
- Articles should educate and inform readers about topics they may find relevant, useful, and applicable in operation of their businesses. They should not advertise your business or service.
- Our readers are typically owners, executives, and managers of small to medium-size businesses from South King County (Auburn, Kent, Federal Way, Covington and Maple Valley) south through Pierce, Thurston, Mason and Lewis Counties.
- Ideal length is 750 to 1,000 words and should include the author's photograph and a short biography.
- Let us know if you have access to any other photos or artwork that would enhance your article.
- All submissions are subject to editing for length, style and content. We cannot guarantee use.
- We assume no liability, financial or otherwise, for content of published articles. We rely on the expertise of our authors for accuracy.
- Articles are due two weeks before the target publication date.