Top Places to Work recognizes outstanding company cultures in the South Sound. 2013 Top Places To Work finalists are:
Associated Petroleum Products | Top Honors/Overall Award Winner
Business Interiors Northwest | Solidarity Award Winner
Columbia Bank | Integrity Award Winner
Heritage Bank | Equity Award Winner
Keller Williams Realty
Lucky Eagle Casino
Medical Imaging NW
Premier Media Group | Gratification Award Winner
Rusty George Creative | Appreciation Award Winner
HopeSparks | Non-Profit Award Winner
United Way of Pierce County
Nominees are evaluated in five categories:
Fosters a socially welcoming work culture
Sense of team or family
Ability to be genuine and authentic as individuals
Employees are proud of: personal contributions, team contributions, organization's products and reputation.
Rewards are distributed with fairness
Promotions and hiring are based on ability and qualifications
There is a process for appeals
Discrimination is intolerable
Employees are consulted on relevant decisions
Professional development is supported
Personal lives are respected
Company vision is communicated and consistent with employee responsibilities
Employees are provided with resources and tools needed to be successful and complete tasks
Communication is open and accessible
Top honors are given to companies who exhibit high rankings in all five judging categories:
Organization must be headquartered in the South Sound (Pierce, Thurston, Mason or Lewis Counties, or South King County)
Organization must be at least five years old
Organization may not be the subsidiary of a parent organization
Organization must complete the application process
30% of the nominee's South Sound workforce must submit an employee opinion survey evaluating their workplace culture
SPONSORSHIP - This leadership program and event would not be possible without the dedication and support of our valued sponsors.
- Albers & Company - Helping employers understand and prepare for Health Care Reform. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) wasn’t constructed to manage costs, at least yet. As a result, employers cannot afford to wait. Prepare yourself. Now is the time identify your employees’ health and initiate an effort to educate and incentivize healthier lifestyles. Albers & Company’s PPACA Calculator tool identifies and quantifies your options to help you make changes now that will position your organization for 2014 and beyond. Learn more about the costs you can control. . . and the costs you can’t.
We help employers and their employees reimagine their workplace benefits. Give yourself, and your employees, the edge on costs, efficiency and planning with Albers’ Accountability Edge.
- Heritage Bank has been creating financial solutions for the needs of our neighbors since 1927. We are known as the "quality bank" because our staff works together as a team, focused on building lasting relationships to help customers reach their financial goals. We are dedicated to exceeding customers' expectations. Combine this with a devoted focus on giving back to the communities through contributions and staff volunteer efforts, and you have exactly what customers and communities deserve from their local bank.
- Phillips Wesch Burgess PLLC - The foundation of our firm is to provide expert service with integrity and a high standard of excellence. Our commitment is to provide skilled, client-focused legal services managing each case with meticulous care and attention. We recognize that ongoing client relationships based on trust and a true partnership is the best way to deliver value and favorable results.
- Access the Cloud up to 66 times faster than DSL and T1 with Comcast Business Class Internet. With our flexible business solutions, businesses can quickly scale bandwidth from 1Mbps to 10Gbps. It’s cost-effective, too. Don’t wait. See how much you could save over the phone company when you switch to Comcast Business Class. Local Puget Sound account executives are available to meet with you on your schedule. Visit business.comcast.com for more information.
- A.C.T. Video Productions has been serving the Pacific Northwest since 1989. We specialize in meeting your particular needs. Whether it ranges from corporate, educational, broadcast, promotional, legal or all things in between.
- AA Party Rentals
- Black Tie Espresso Catering
- Celebrity Cake Studio
- Dane Gregory Meyer Photography
- Hardcastle Entertainment Inc.
- McGavick Conference Center